Bring your canine friends out for some well-deserved exercise and fun!
Kona Shelter's Bark Park
Location: 74-5225 Queen Kaahumanu Hwy. Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 MAP
Hours: Tuesday: 9am - Noon
Thursday: 9am - Noon
Saturday: 9am - 5:30pm
Closed to the public for shelter programs during these hours:
Wednesday: 8am - 11am for Junior Pals (June 8 - July 27)
Monday: 9am - 12:00pm for New Leash on Life
All HIHS Bark Parks are controlled and maintained by HIHS. They are the only public, off-leash dog parks on the island.
To ensure that owners and their pets have a great time while visiting one of Hawaii Island Humane Society's Dog Parks, there are a few rules all visitors must abide by.
- Dogs and children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Maximum of 3 dogs per adult.
- Aggressive, excessive mounters, in heat or sick dogs not allowed.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting.
- Allow new dogs to enter without crowding.
- Off leash dogs should be under voice control.
- Owners must carry a leash and closely supervise their dog(s)
- Strollers, carriages, bicycles and toys not allowed.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, food or treats not allowed.
- Equipment for dogs only. Children cannot climb on equipment
or play in water features.
- Pick-up and dispose of dog poop immediately.
- Vaccinations and license should be current.
- Please exit if your dog becomes unruly.
Entry into the Central Bark Dog Park is at the risk of owners and handlers of dogs. Owners and handlers are responsible for the behavior of their dogs, and are solely liable for any damage to property, persons, or other animals caused by their dog(s).